Our History

J.W. Sargeant was established in 1919 by William Sargeant. The business was then taken over by Jack Sargeant who ran it until the early 1980’s when it was taken over by his son Jeff, who still runs the business today.

William (Tom) Sargeant at Stow Estate just before he set up in 1919
The JW Sargeant's shop front as it stood in 1967
The Sargeant family in the 1970s, picture taken by the Lynn News